Please confirm the following 8 items concerning the user system.
- Was the number of H-UDI connectors counted correctly?
- Is the wiring for the H-UDI connector correct?
- Is there noise on any of the H-UDI connector signal lines?
- Is reset is enabled for the device?
- Is the Vcc value is correct?
- Is the clock is oscillating?
- If using E10A-USB, are pins ASEMD, DBGMD, EMLE, etc. set correctly?
For details, refer to the following document for the target MCU: section 1.5 Pin Assignments of the H-UDI Port Connector in the E10A-USB Emulator Additional Document for Users Manual (for H8S and H8SX families, 1.4 Pin Assignments of the E10A-USB Connector).
- If pins /RESETP, /BREQ, /WAIT, and /RDY are set to fixed “low” (note) during a break, the memory access will fail and the following message will be displayed.
“Communication timeout error status waiting sdtrf not on.”
Make sure pins /RESETP, /BREQ, /WAIT, and /RDY are set to the correct state.
Note: Pin state settings differ according to MCU. For example, when the /RDY pin on SH7751R is “Low”, it is in the “ready” state. Therefore, make sure the pin is not set to fixed“high” when the emulator is started up. For more details, refer to the note in「4. Reset Signals」in section「2.1 Differences between the SHxxxx and the Emulator」of the target MCU E10A-USB Emulator Additional Document for Users Manual.
Device-specific E10A-USB Emulator Additional Document for Users Manuals can be downloaded here.