The Graphics LCD Controller (GLCDC) HAL module is a high-level API for GLCDC applications and is implemented on r_glcd. The GLCDC HAL module uses the Graphics LCD Driver peripheral on the Synergy MCU. A user-defined callback can be created to handle frame buffer switching and underflow detection.
The GLCD HAL module has the following features:
- Supports LCD panels with RGB interface (up to 24 bits) and sync signals (HSYNC, VSYNC and Data Enable optional)
- Supports various color formats for input graphics planes (RGB888, ARGB888, RGB565, ARGB1555, ARGB4444, CLUT8, CLUT4, CLUT1)
- Supports the Color Look-Up Table (CLUT) usage for input graphics planes with 512 words (32 bits/word)
- Supports various color formats for output (RGB888, RGB666, RGB565, Serial RGB)
- Can input two graphics planes on top of the background plane and blend them on the screen
- Generates a dot clock to the panel. The clock source is selectable from internal or external (LCD_EXTCLK)
- Supports brightness adjustment, contrast adjustment and gamma correction
- Supports GLCDC interrupts to handle frame-buffer switching or underflow detection
The GLCD HAL module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the GLCD HAL module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects use the AGT and are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- Getting Started with the Weather Panel Application - Application Project here.
- Renesas Synergy™ Software Package (SSP) PDC Capture LCD Display Application here.
- Refer to the SSP release notes for known issues, available here.