The Independent Watchdog Timer (IWDT) HAL module is a high-level API for watchdog timer applications and is implemented on r_iwdt. The Watchdog Timer uses the IWDT peripheral on the Synergy MCU. A user can configure the timeout period, stop control on sleep and standby modes, window period and generation of event on WDT underflow or on refresh outside permitted window.
The IWDT HAL module supports the following features:
- When the IWDT underflows or is refreshed outside of the permitted refresh window, one of the following events can occur:
- Resetting of the device
- Generation of an NMI
- Supports the internal Watchdog timer peripheral (IWDT), which has its own clock source which improves safety.
- Supports automatic hardware configuration after reset.
The IWDT HAL module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the IWDT HAL module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url:
- Thread Monitor Framework Module Guide - Application Project here.
The IWDT HAL module is used in the Monitoring Developer Examples available for the SK-S7G2. You can find a Knowledge Base article that describes the Developer Examples and how to use them here.
- Refer to the SSP release notes for known issues, available here.