Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The CAN HAL Module is a generic API for a CAN network. The CAN HAL Module is implemented on r_can and supports the CAN peripherals available on the Synergy microcontroller hardware. A user callback function can be defined, causing the driver to invoke the callback when transmit, receive or error interrupts are received. The callback returns with a parameter which indicates the channel, mailbox and the event.
The CAN HAL module supports the following features:
- Support for bit timing configuration as defined in the CAN specification
- Supports up to 32 transmit or receive mailboxes with standard or extended ID frames
- Receive mailboxes can be configured to capture either Data or Remote CAN Frames
- Supports a user callback function when transmit, receive or error interrupts are received
- Supports both standard (11-bit) and extended (29-bit) messaging formats
The CAN HAL module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The CAN HAL module guide describes what the module does, how to add it to your project, how to configure it, the associated APIs and provides an application project with a code walk through so you can quickly learn how to use the CAN HAL module in your own design. We recommend that you have the SSP ISDE open and inspect the module stack, configuration information and code while reading over the application project description.
The most recent versions of the CAN HAL module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here
Module Guide Resources
- Renesas Automotive home page: here
- Video on CAN functions (RX related but useful background on similar Renesas hardware peripheral): here
- Automotive related Renesas Presents YouTube videos: here
- Refer to the most recent release notes for known issues