Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The UART HAL Module is a high-level API for UART applications and is implemented on r_sci_uart. The UART HAL module uses the SCI peripherals on the Synergy MCU. A user-defined callback can be created to manage hardware-handshakes and data operation, if needed.
The UART HAL module supports the standard UART protocol. The UART HAL module used in concert with the SCI peripheral in UART mode (UART on SCI) supports the following features (in addition to the standard UART protocol):
- Full-duplex UART communication
- Simultaneous communication with multiple channels
- Interrupt-driven data transmission and reception
- Invoking the user-callback function with an event code in the argument
- Baud-rate change at run-time
- Hardware resource locking during UART transaction
- CTS/RTS hardware flow control (with an associated IOPORT pin and supported by user-defined callback function)
- Integration with the DTC transfer module
The UART HAL module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the UART HAL module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- Console Framework Module Guide - Application Project here.
- UART Communications Framework Module Guide - Application Project here.
- Refer to the most recent SSP release notes for known issues, available here.