Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The JPEG Decode HAL module is a generic API for JPEG decode processing implemented on r_jpeg. (The JPEG Decode HAL module supports the Synergy™ JPEG Codec peripheral.) The JPEG Decode Framework Module is a ThreadX®-aware high-level API for JPEG Framework module applications and is implemented on sf_jpeg_decode; it provides thread-safe access to the Synergy JPEG hardware on a Synergy MCU Group. A user-defined callback can be created to detect hardware supported events.
The sf_jpeg_decode framework module features:
- Provides thread-safe access to the Synergy JPEG hardware.
- Supports JPEG decompression using the JPEG Decode HAL module.
- Supports a polling mode that allows an application to wait for the JPEG Decoder to complete.
- Supports an interrupt mode with user-supplied callback functions.
- Configures parameters such as horizontal and vertical subsample values, horizontal stride, decoded pixel format, input and output data format and color space.
- Obtains the size of the image prior to decoding it.
- Supports putting coded data in an input buffer and an output buffer to store the decoded image frame.
- Supports streaming coded data into the JPEG Decoder module. This feature allows an application to read a coded JPEG image from a file or from a network without buffering the entire image.
- Configures the number of image lines to decode. This feature enables the application to process the decoded image on the fly without buffering the entire frame.
- Supports the input decoded formats YCbCr444, YCbCr422, YCbCr420 and YCbCr411.
- Supports the output formats ARGB8888 and RGB565.
- Returns an error when the JPEG image’s size, height, and width don’t meet the requirements.
- Supports the wait API function to suspend/resume the thread for synchronizing with the JPEG hardware supported events.
The JPEG Decode framework module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- GUIX "Hello World" for DK-S7G2 - Application Project here.
- Getting Started with the Weather Panel - Application Project here.
- For all known issues refer to the most recent SSP release notes for known issues located here.
|SSP 1.2.0 and above|